Monday, February 1, 2010

February Magnolia-licious DT Sketch Project

Happy February Everyone!  I don't know about you but I'm sick of winter and am so looking forward to spring!  Sometimes I wish I was a bear and could hibernate all winter---that way I could eat all summer and fall and then sleep until spring, LOL!  Well the DT has a bit of a Spring-y Challenge for you all this month to get you thinking ahead to warmer weather!

Diana Crick is the hostess with the mostess this month and she has challenged us all to create "Windshield Wiper Cards" with a Theme of SPRING!!  You can find the Scor-Pal tutorial for this right HERE.  I'll be adding the DT projects as they get finished so keep checking back for some lovely inspiration!

To Create a Card Front that is larger (5.5 inches) use these dimensions:

-cut 2 pieces of cardstock at 5.5x8.5 inches
-score both pieces (long side against top of scor-pal) at 1.5 and 3 inches
-then just follow the same directions that are on the tutorial to put together

******************************
***Winner of the Pretty In Pink Challenge is Robin of Robin's Room!!   Congrats Robin!  Email Diana with your info so she can get your goodies and stamps out to you (Email her after Feb 5--she is in Germany until then)!!****

**Winner of the January Sketch Challenge-Frame Card is Lauren of L.E.M. Photography & Papercrafting! Congrats Lauren! Email Diana for your choice of a Magnolia Stamps!! 
*******************************
How To Play:

-Make a Windshield Wiper Card with a Spring Theme (and using a Magnolia stamp or two of course) and leave us a comment and link to your project in the Comments Section on this Post ONLY by February 28th at midnight EST.

What You Can Win:

-A $20 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store to spend on some new Magnolia Goodies!



 
by DT Jacque Beddingfield


 
  





Can't wait to see all your lovely projects!
hugz,
Suzanne, Diana, and the Magnolia-licious DT

14 comments:

Robin said...

Holy smokes...I saw the name Robin over at the Magnolia-licious Yahoo group and thought I'd check to see if it was me ... what a major surprise. Thanks DT for the inspiration to play along on the Pretty in Pink challenge. I am honored. :)

michele hileman said...

Beautiful card. You are so very talented

Lauren said...

WOW - I am so excited to win the January challenge! Thank you so much!

Lauren

high Quality Fbs said...

Hi! wonderfull theme. Here is my card. http://highqualityfbs.blogspot.com/2010/02/talla-kortilla-osallistun-magnolia.html

Tracy said...

Thanks for the chance to learn something new. Here's my card.

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful creations from the DT! Here is my creation
http://mypommiepurplepatch.blogspot.com/2010/02/magnolia-wiper-card.html
Take careX:)

Angie said...

I just love these cards. The DT designs are awesome! Here's my entry:

http://scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com/2010/02/cookies-anyone.html

Ciao,

Angie

Nancy said...

wowza...these are all just beautiful cards. I'm going to try and make one of these...thanks for all of the inspiration from all of your beautiful cards ladies!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Peggie said...

Here is my wiper card - only I forgot to do a spring card. will try to do another. http://stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com/2010/02/edwin-sledding.html

Julie said...

I have completed my card for the February Wiper Card challenge. You can see it on my blog

That was a fun challenge. Thanks.

Julie

charlene said...

I have just put my entry up you can see it HERE

Thanks for the fun !

Caroline said...

Hi guys,I did my best for this challenge, I'm not use to do this kind of card, but loved every minute of it. Hope you like it. Here's the link to my blog http://lapassiondecaro.blogspot.com/2010/02/defi-windshield-wiper-cards.html

Robin said...

I finally got a moment to make a Windshield wiper card. You can see mine here.

Traci M said...

This is a great sketch...and I love all the beautiful samples this month...
Here is my card:

http://tracimajor.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-birthday-mom.html#comments